Share This!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why Coffee Is So Important

I eat healthy, I exercise, and take care of myself. But trust me, I wouldn't make it ten feet out the door without my cup of coffee.

Since I started my new Mediterranean diet from Cinch!: Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds, and Lose Inches, I have not been able to give up my morning cup of coffee. But now, instead of me just grabbing the cup and running out the door, it's more like a meditation.

Bodum 1548-01US Brazil 8-Cup (34-Ounce) Coffee PressEvery morning, I boil the water for my French Press (a Bodum 1548-01US Brazil 8-Cup (34-Ounce) Coffee Press) . I grind the beans that morning (using a Proctor Silex $14 model see here Proctor Silex E160B Fresh Grind Coffee Grinder, White). I wait the 4 minutes for the coffee to brew, and set about planning my day. I have my day planner out, and write down all the things I need to get done in order to feel accomplished. Then I sit and enjoy my coffee, holding the cup to warm my hands
Bodum 1548-01US Brazil 8-Cup (34-Ounce) Coffee Press   
Bodum 8 cup French Press




Proctor Silex E160B Fresh Grind Coffee Grinder, White
Proctor Silex Grinder
Without this moment of Zen, I'm sure my life would be more hectic, and I'd probably be a little more crazy than usual. This is important when working full time in addition to trying to run a business, and seeing to household concerns as well as recreation and crafting. 

Find your moment of Zen and do it daily. It will help you be more productive in the long run, and reduce the burn-out factor from working 60-70 hours per week.  My moment of Zen cost me a total of $30.  But it gave me the ability to be more resilient.

Remember that your business will only be as good as you feel. You need to take a little time each day to reflect and plan. Why not enjoy your business a little more, and stress a little less?

What's your moment of Zen? How do you deal with wearing so many hats for a business? What do you do to relax?               


I'll talk to you in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment